John and Craig discuss the death of the film industry as foretold by four prominent filmmakers. Is the way we make movies unsustainable? Is the system fundamentally broken, or just changing into something new? And why don’t we make romantic comedies anymore?
A big thanks to everyone who bought Scriptnotes t-shirts. They ship starting July 1st, which is coincidentally the date tickets for the live 100th episode taping will go on sale.
This Saturday, June 29th, Craig and John will be part of the Writers Guild Foundation Craft Day, doing a live Three Page Challenge. Join us! Tickets available in the links.
- The Writers Guild Foundation presents The Screenwriter’s Craft: Finding Your Voice featuring Scriptnotes Live
- John’s blog post on this summer’s two live shows
- Why Spielberg And Lucas Are Wrong About The Film Industry ‘Implosion’
- Independent Film in Hollywood and France
- Watch Steven Soderbergh’s ‘State of Cinema’ address from the San Francisco Film Festival
- Lynda Obst: Hollywood’s completely broken
- Cicada Mania is dedicated to cicadas
- Feedbin: A fast, simple RSS feed reader
- RSS on Wikipedia
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 6-28-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.