John and Craig discuss the polarizing potentate of Deadline Hollywood Daily, then segue into what a healthy entertainment journalism ecosystem might look like.
From there, it’s a discussion of Amazon Studios’ new storyboarding software, which demos well but isn’t likely to change much. It’s a good jumping-off spot for talking about storyboarding in general.
Also this week: T-shirts! Live dates!
Official Scriptnotes t-shirts are available in Umbrage Orange and Rational Blue — but only until June 21st, so don’t delay. You can find them at store.johnaugust.com (or follow the link below).
Two live shows this summer! June 29th and July 25th, both in Los Angeles. Click the links for details.
- The Daily Beast on Nikki Finke’s 8 Greatest Freakouts
- The LA Times on how Nikki Finke’s next big story may be her own exit
- Time asks What’s Next for Hollywood’s Most Feared Reporter?
- The (one and only?) infamous Nikki Finke headshot
- Gawker on Why Nikki Finke Never Makes a Mistake and the commenter edition
- The Writers Guild Foundation presents The Screenwriter’s Craft: Finding Your Voice featuring Scriptnotes Live
- Submit your Three Pages for the Writers Guild Foundation event and let us know you’ll be there
- John’s blog post on this summer’s two live shows
- Amazon Storyteller from Amazon Studios
- Get your Scriptnotes shirt from the John August Store until June 21st
- f.lux adjusts your displays for the time of day
- Kingdom Rush Frontiers is available now
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 6-14-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.