This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig pack this business-centric episode with big picture conversations about guild negotiations, changes to the Oscars, the Disney/Fox merger, the Paramount Consent Decree, and the tragedy that is being unable to stream The Flamingo Kid.
- Scriptnotes is now on Spotify!
- The Austin Film Festival is coming up on October 25th!
- Changes are coming to the Oscars, including a new category for “Outstanding Achievement in Popular Film.”
- IATSE is not backing its Editors Guild in asking for a reasonable turnaround and pension support.
- The Department of Justice will review the Paramount Consent Decree.
- In Search of the Last Great Video Store by Kate Hagen for the Black List blog.
- Add to this form if you find a movie that isn’t streamable.
- Antihero game for iOS.
- Mark Halpin’s puzzles for The Nation
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Luke Davis (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-22-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.