John and Craig (and Aline!) discuss the elements of quality writing in this collection of craft conversations.
As we work on the Scriptnotes book, producer Megana Rao has been collecting wisdom from the archives to write an introductory chapter to define good writing. In these segments we cover how to find your voice, spot confidence on the page, and actively watch films.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John and Megana discuss the Scriptnotes book and rumors of upcoming industry strife.
- Scriptnotes Episode 239 – What is good writing?
- Scriptnotes Episode 76 – How screenwriters find their voice with Aline Brosh McKenna
- Scriptnotes Episode 432 – Learning From Movies
- Sign up for Scriptnotes Premium to listen to the episodes sampled as well as the entire archive. Use promo code ONION to save $10 on annual subscriptions.
- Dangers of Elite Projection by Jarrett Walker
- Ejaculate Responsibly: A Whole New Way to Think About Abortion by Gabrielle Blair
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Aline Brosh McKenna on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Martin Kubitzky (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao with segments by Stuart Friedel and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.