It’s an all-craft episode as John and Craig discuss what they mean when they say good writing.
Quality isn’t an objective measurement but rather a subjective experience. It’s the relationship between the reader and writer. From vulnerability to voice, consistency to surprise, good writing shares many characteristics with good acting.
We then look at three new entries in the Three Page Challenge, trying to apply what we just discussed.
- Marcus Geduld looks at how you differentiate good acting from bad acting
- Michael Tabb on The Concept of Premise, and John’s response
- Paul Rudnick’s Libby Gelman-Waxner
- Three Pages by Joey Perotti
- Three Pages by Amanda Marín
- Three Pages by Josh Corbin
- Submit your Three Pages here
- Creatures avoiding planks
- AskMen on beard oil
- #masculinitysofragile on Twitter
- Outro by Daniel Green (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 3-3-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.