John and Craig host a round of the Three Page Challenge, a segment where they offer feedback on listeners’ scripts. This week they discuss the whiplash of cutting too quickly, captivating title pages, and V.O. narration that actually works.
We also cover the return of MoviePass, 25 years of Netflix, and AI generated language.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss senior year.
- Our first post-pandemic liveshow will be on October 19, 2022 and tickets will be available to premium members on September 9!
- Order your new Scriptnotes Shirt here!
- Things I Think Are Awesome: Hunger Stones and Stability, Lynn Cherny’s substack
- Made-Up Words Trick AI Text-To-Image Generators Discover Magazine
- This Word Does Not Exist
- @Dribnet’s Twitter Thread on Splaflut
- MoviePass beta
- MoviePass Will Work This Time* Alex Kirshner writing for Slate
- Netflix turns 25
- HBO Max Cynthia Littleton for Variety
- Secret History of Mac Gaming
- Happy Halpinmas Mark Halpin’s Labor Day Puzzles
- Three Page Challenge Selections: Oculum by Larry Bambrick, We’re All Very Tired by Marissa Gawel, Wake by Jordan Johnson
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Jordan (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 9-23-22 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.