John invites Michael Waldron (Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Loki) to share his origin story and offer advice on how to make the most of film school/internship opportunities.
We discuss writing characters that cross the TV/film barrier and answer listener questions on preparing for success, looking for rejection, and how to track ideas.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss what writers need to know about working in Atlanta.
- Michael Waldron on Twitter and on Instagram
- Donate blood with the Red Cross #BloodforBreck
- “Prove to the World You’ve Lost Your Son” by Elizabeth Williamson for Slate from Sandy Hook: An American Tragedy and the Battle for Truth
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Ryan Gerberding (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-4-22 The transcript for this episode can be found here.