John answers listener questions on craft and industry. When are you ready to send a script? How do you rewrite scenes during production? Is it cool to take a picture with your celebrity crush on set? John offers professional advice for writers on the page and in real life.
We follow up on screenwriter dexterity (typing speed) and ergonomic keyboards.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John and Megana discuss ‘Murder House Architecture.’ What makes contemporary homes so scary and who are the contractors constructing these basements?
- Patton Oswalt in King of Queens Scene
- ZSA Moonlander
- Compare Your Typing Speed Against ours here!
- Phoebe Waller Bridge – 73 Questions with Vogue
- Residuals for High-Budget Subscription Video on Demand (HBSVOD) Programs from the WGA
- Paul Stamets on Seven Mycoattractant and Mycopesticide Patents released to Commons!
- Under a White Sky: The Nature of the Future by Elizabeth Kolbert
- Murder House Architecture
- Samantha Hartsoe’s TikTok NYC Apartment
- Ohio State Students Discover Students Living in Basement
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Ben Gerrior (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-10-21 The transcript for this episode is available here.