John and Craig explain Hollywood’s guilds and unions. They cover the history, the challenges, and their hopes for the future.
We also look at character alignments and whether it’s helpful for writers to chart out their character’s traits. We follow up on eight sequence structure and mockable IP. Throughout the episode, Craig tries to solve the mystery of John’s sweet fingers.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members, we talk about the screenwriting guru turned Qanon leader.
- Ballard C Boyd for Stephen Colbert’s show Queen’s Gambit Rubik’s Cube
- Hollywood’s Unions Celebrate Inauguration Of President Joe Biden & VP Kamala Harris: “Most Pro-Union President” & “Partner In The White House” by David Robb
- Biden Gave Trump’s Union Busters a Taste of Their Own Medicine by Mark Joseph Stern
- Impeached Ligature EA
- Wordlisted by Adam Aaronson
- Rhyme Zone
- Wandavision check out episode 3, written by Megan McDonnell!
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Malakai Bisel (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 2-1-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.