John and Craig discuss the use of color in film by highlighting iconic scenes and sharing how they think about color palettes in their own writing.
We then host another Three Page Challenge, this time focusing on how well these opening scenes set up expectations for the script. We now ask for loglines, which are kept secret from John and Craig!
Finally in our bonus segment for premium members, John and Craig discuss their Olympic ambitions.
- WGA Strike against ABC’s The Chase.
- For current university students and professors: Learn more about the Highland 2 Student License
- The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St Clair
- Rinky Dink by Stephen Brower
- The Twilight Run by Andrew McDonald and Nick Sanford
- South Carthay by Alex Rennie
- The Loop by Emily VanDerWerff
- The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever by Robin Stone
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-3-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.