John welcomes Craig back into the studio to chat face to face for the latest How Would This Be A Movie, looking at trapped Russian pop stars, relationship saboteurs and an abandoned Cinderella city.
We also answer listener questions on writing schedules and supporting characters, including a deep dive on Sebastian the crab’s personal life.
In our bonus segment for premium members, Craig shares how he’s been getting ready for production in Calgary.
- Rachel Syme Twitter
- Russian Man ‘Trapped’ on Chinese Reality TV show Finally Voted out After Three Months by Helen Davidson and Andrew Roth
- European Super Soccer League by Tariq Panja and Rory Smith
- The Saboteurs You can Hire to End your Relationship by Christine Ro
- Haunting Photos Reveal a Massive Abandoned Town of Disneyesque Castles by Jessica Cherner
- Dawn of the Necromancer on Kickstarter
- How the Internet Archive Digitizes Old LPs
- Dr. Fill and AI
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Andrew Smith (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-9-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.