John and Craig bring another round of How Would This Be A Movie, with a mix of stories from history and the headlines. In this episode we discuss an unexpected guest at a funeral, a lost Russian submarine and a social influencer murder plot.
We also look at the latest WGA developments, including the new agency agreement with UTA and the vote on the studio agreement. Then, we answer listener questions on an UNO movie, editing while writing and how to write a high-profit movie.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss how 2020 would be a movie.
- WGA Studio Summary
- WGA Studio Agreement
- UTA WGA Deal
- Wife crashes own funeral to confront husband who paid to have her killed by Sarah Kaplan
- Project Azorian by David Shukman
- Instagram influencer sentenced to 14 years for violent plot to steal domain name by Nick Statt
- Battle of Blair Mountain
- Swift UI and Swift Playgrounds
- Disbelief Followed by Expression: Alonzo Mourning Gif
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by James Llonch (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 7-28-2020 The original post for this episode can now be found here.