John and Craig offer guidance on how to navigate an industry built on embellishment, vamping, and saving face. Did you really love that movie? Have you even started that rewrite? In many cases, the truth matters less than your confident delivery.
We also answer listener questions on story consultants, how to describe a puffin call, and the experience of seeing our scenes on screen.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John presses Craig on what young people should do instead of attending college.
- Dune already made $41M
- Spy Magzine
- Clean Up Pictures
- Use Live Text and Visual Look Up on your iPhone
- Jack Thorne’s James Mactaggart Lecture
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Henry Adler (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 11-9-21 The transcript for this episode can be found here.