John and Craig host another Scriptnotes Livestream Show with special guest Dana Fox (Isn’t It Romantic, Couples Retreat). They discuss her new show, Home Before Dark, and her thoughts on why creating a feeling is so important to developing television shows.
Then we hold a Three Page Challenge and we invite each of our four participants on to discuss their script after we deliver feedback. We cover how to write momentum into action descriptions, ‘overwhelmers’ in a scene, and creating fantastical worlds.
Huge thank you to Dana for joining us, and a big thanks to all of our Three Page Challenge winners for their submissions!
- Home Before Dark
- It Takes Our Village Campaign
- Hampton by Ali Imran Zaidi
- Sunbeam by Heidi Lewis
- Nights Never Over by Jim Llonch
- Find Him by Dylan Guerra
- Sign up for Scriptnotes Premium here.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by James Llonch (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-21-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.