John welcomes writer-producers Dailyn Rodriguez (Queen of the South, Ugly Betty) and Chad Gomez Creasey (NCIS: New Orleans, Castle) to talk about writing network dramas and production during a pandemic.
We answer listener questions on act breaks, politics on tv, and sustainable story engines.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members we discuss ‘ambient television’ and our favorite comfort-shows.
- Beowulf: A New Translation by Maria Dahvana Headley
- WGA Health Plans
- Calida Garcia Rawles
- “Emily in Paris” and the Rise of Ambient TV for the New Yorker by Kyle Chayka
- Dailyn Rodriguez on Twitter
- Chad Gomez Creasey on Twitter
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Alex Winder (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-9-20 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.