John moderates Breaking the Stigma, a panel on addiction and mental health with guests Gemma Baker (creator of CBS’s Mom), Dr. Corey Waller (specialist in pain, addiction and emergency medicine), Dr. Holly Daniels (specialist in eating disorders and mental health issues), and journalist Zachary Siegel.
We discuss how addiction and mental health issues are portrayed in film and TV, more authentic ways of telling these stories, and how writers and creators can take care of their own mental health.
Special thanks to our incredible panelists, plus Kate Folb, Marty Kaplan, and the entire team at Hollywood Health and Society!
- Hollywood Health and Society
- 6 Balloons with Dave Franco
- Motivational Interviewing
- Follow Corey Waller on Twitter here.
- Follow Holly Daniels on Twitter here.
- Follow Zachary Siegel on Twitter here. Follow his project Changing the Narrative on Twitter here or using #ChangingtheNarrative.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here
UPDATE 8-15-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.