John and Craig welcome back Andrea Berloff (World Trade Center, Straight Outta Compton) to talk all things sound: how it works on the page, on the stage, and in the mixing room. Andrea shares her experience working with sound for her upcoming directing debut, The Kitchen.
We also follow up on WGA developments and deep dive Craig’s feelings on matzah.
- WGA Lawsuit
- #WGAMix led by screenwriter Daniel Zucker
- Mad Max Fury Road Clip
- Can You Ever Forgive Me? Clip
- The story of the “Nerds” musical article by Seth Abramovitch
- Headspace’s Meditation for Sleep
- Accepting recommendations for updating the Listener’s Guide
- Submit to the Pitch Session here
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Thomas Johnstone (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-2-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.