John and Craig explore the challenge of creating a movie with a group of heroes and multiple points of view. They’ll discuss options for structuring competing storylines, when to check back in with characters, and managing personal versus group stakes.
We also answer listener questions on a bunch of topics including things Craig tweets!
- Accepting recommendations for updating the Listener’s Guide
- Arlo Finch Book Tour – Meet and Greet at The Briar Patch in Bangor, Maine on Thursday, April 11 at 5pm
- Rachel Wenitsky’s “The Hot Character Who Everyone Thinks Had It Easy Finally Reveals Their Painful Backstory”
- For cramped New York, an expanding dining scene in the LA Times
- Submit to the Pitch Session here
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by David Jon Banks (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-17-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.