Craig and John tackle a bunch of listener questions, along with follow-up on previous discussions.
Are road trip movies just a series of coincidences? How do you start the second draft? Should you mention screenwriting awards in a query?
Plus: a Redditor insists there is a secret password you have to write within a script for it to be purchased. After 311 episodes, the time has come. We reveal that magic word.
- ‘Chernobyl’ Miniseries Set By HBO & Sky
- Carolyn Strauss on Scriptnotes, 127
- Big Fish The Musical starring Kelsey Grammer is on its way to London
- Scriptnotes, 310: What’s in the WGA Deal
- Scriptnotes, 309: Logic and Gimmickry
- A Reddit user asks: Is there a secret password for success?
- Every Three Hours on YouTube
- Mouth Time with Reductress on iTunes
- The House of Da Vinci
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-14-17: The transcript of this episode can be found here.