John and Craig welcome back writer/comedian Mike Birbiglia (Sleepwalk with Me, My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend) to discuss his one-man show “The New One.” When writing about yourself, how much has to be true? What responsibilities do you have to friends and loved ones?
Then it’s a new round of the Three Page Challenge, where we look at the first three pages in listeners’ scripts. We also address Akiva Schaffer’s concerns on movie screeners and try our first-ever bonus segment after the credits.
- Three Page Challenge – F.T.S. by Danielle Motley
- Three Page Challenge – Dunked by John Bickerstaff
- Buy tickets to our live show with guests Kevin Feige, Lorene Scafaria, Shoshannah Stern, and Josh Feldman on December 12th at the LA Film School here.
- Join us or livestream the Assistant Townhall this Sunday, November 24th
- Spleeter open source music separation library
- Brains Sweep Themselves Clean Of Toxins During Sleep by Jon Hamilton
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker
- Support local! Books are Magic
- Mike Birbiglia on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-1-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.