This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Writer/director/actor/comedian Mike Birbiglia joins John and Craig to talk about writing for yourself, and how his one-man shows have translated into his films Sleepwalk With Me and My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend. We talk movies and television, stand-up and screenplays, and the upside of failure.
In other news, there’s now an official app for Scriptnotes, available for iOS and Android. If you like your current setup, keep doing what you’re doing, because nothing has changed. The last 20 episodes will always be free. The app allows you listen to the back 100 episodes for a monthly subscription.
- Write in and tell us if we’re wrong
- Mike Birbiglia, and on Wikipedia, IMDb, Twitter and iTunes
- The Tricky Part write up in The New York Times, and in book form on Amazon
- Use BroadwayBox.com to find discounted shows in New York
- Download the Scriptnotes app now for iOS and Android devices
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Singtrix home karaoke
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Cole Parzenn
UPDATE 12-12-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.