John and Craig dive into plot holes: why they happen, how to fix them, why not to fix them, and how to turn them into opportunities.
We also respond to listener questions on outlining, servicing many storylines, and what screenwriting challenges go under-appreciated.
- Join us for the WGA’s Princess Bride screening on January 27th.
- The Seattle Live Show is on February 6th!
- You can now preorder Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon or come to the launch event on February 9th.
- Scriptnotes, Ep 383: Splitting the Party
- Scriptnotes, Ep 3: Kids, cards, whiteboards and outlines
- Plot Holes on Wikipedia and TV Tropes. You can find examples at Movie Plot Holes
- The perils of coincidence
- Measure App on iPhone
- Install These Apps on your New Mac by Nick Douglas for Lifehacker
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by James Llonch and Jim Bond (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 1-30-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.