John and Craig proudly welcome back former Scriptnotes producer Megan McDonnell to tell her journey from film student to getting staffed on her first television show.
We then review a batch of Three Page Challenge submissions, covering how to keep your audience engaged, build tension, and earn interesting characters. Plus, follow up on the WGA and recent Bones ruling.
Thank you to our Three Page Challenge participants, and special thanks to Megan McDonnell for all of your work on Scriptnotes!
- The Bones Decision
- The Peter Stark Program
- Three Pages by Christopher Cramer
- Three Pages by David Koutsouridis
- Three Pages by Carrie Wong and Herman Ming
- Megan’s Desk Setup
- Light Up Phone Charger
- Russian doll starring Natasha Lyonne
- Submit to the Three Page Challenge here
- Submit to the Pitch Session here
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro The Stuart Special by James Llonch & Jim Bond (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-8-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.