John and Craig follow up on things they’ve discussed in the previous 420 episodes, so you might want to listen to those first.
We check in on getting an agent, copyright law, the future of the industry, post-2016 election reflections, assistant pay, and much more.
- Scriptnotes, Ep 5, Copyright and Work for Hire
- Real-Life ‘Terminator’: Major Studios Face Sweeping Loss of Iconic ‘80s Film Franchise Rights by Eriq Gardner
- Copyright Section 203
- Friday 13th Screenwriter Wins Rights Battle by Eriq Gardner
- Scriptnotes, Ep 2, How to get an agent and/or manager
- Scriptnotes, Ep 389, The Future of the Industry
- How Ari Emanuel’s Outsize IPO Dreams Were Dashed by Kim Masters
- Why Endeavor’s IPO U-Turn Was a Surprisingly Brilliant Move by Lawrence Meyers
- WeWork: At What Point Does Malfeasance Become Fraud by Scott Galloway
- Scriptnotes, Ep 42, Verbs are what’s happening
- Extra, This Feeling Will End
- Ep 335, Introducing Launch
- Launch Podcast
- Scriptnotes Ep 419, Professionalism
- Scriptnotes Ep 403, How to Write A Movie
- Scriptnotes Ep 420, The One with Seth Rogen
- LA Report Broken Lights and Crosswalk Buttons
- Escape Room Apps by Goro Sato
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
- Outro by Jim Bond (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here
UPDATE 11-1-19 The transcript for this episode can be found here.