This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
This week’s episode finds Craig and John answering questions about agent etiquette, business cards and those troubling rewrites that unravel everything.
From there, John goes on a small tirade about weak verbs and Dungeons and Dragons-style scene description. Good writing: It’s not just for novelists.
There’s some language geekery as well, with a look at the hidden micro-classes of verbs that prevent a reasonable speaker from saying things like, “Whisper Tom the joke.”
All this and more in the 42nd installment of Scriptnotes.
- Chicago Fire on NBC
- Flight trailer
- Buddha Jones trailer house
- The Stuff of Thought: Language as a Window into Human Nature, by Steven Pinker
- NYC Subway by Embark, the transit app for iOS
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- INTRO: Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels
- OUTRO: Verb! That’s What’s Happening, a Schoolhouse Rock cover by Moby
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 6-21-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.