This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig speculate what Luke Skywalker’s plan might have been in the opening of Return of the Jedi. They consider heroes’ plans generally, the allowance we grant as an audience for opening sequences and the foul taste of “logic ketchup.”
We then engage in a long-awaited Three Page Challenge, focusing on scripts that play with point of view.
- We Dare You To Explain Luke’s Plan To Rescue Han In ‘Return of the Jedi’ by Mike Ryan for Uproxx
- Three Pages by Jay Emcee
- Three Pages by Erno van der Merwe
- Three Pages by Sarah Paradise
- What the Font? site and app
- Weird Al Yankovic’s Hamilton Polka
- Dr. Demento
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-14-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.