This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
For the first time ever, John and Craig spend an entire episode on a full-length original screenplay, K.C. Scott’s THIS IS WORKING.
Black List founder Franklin Leonard joins us as we dig into this former Three Page Challenge entry, examining character, story and thematic issues. We get very specific about what’s working in the script now — but also what the movie may want to become. Plus we talk about the road ahead for this writer, and the choices he’s going to be facing.
Listeners are going to get a lot out of this episode — and even moreso if they read the script beforehand. So download the script and give it a read first if you have a chance. (Link below.)
This is a very different episode for us, so let us know what you think on Twitter and Facebook.
- K.C. Scott’s This Is Working
- K.C. on Twitter, @BlackSitcomDad
- Scriptnotes, 187: The Coyote Could Stop Any Time featuring This Is Working’s Three Page Challenge
- Franklin Leonard on Wikipedia, Twitter, and on Scriptnotes episodes 60, 123 and 124
- Lexicon Valley episode 56 asks, Is “Try And” an Acceptable Substitute for “Try To”?
- Reddit’s r/writeresearch subreddit
- Follow @theblcklst on Twitter for tomorrow’s announcement
- Outro by Scriptnotes editor Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
UPDATE 4-5-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.