This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig sits down with Silicon Valley writer/director Alec Berg to talk about set ups and payoffs, editing comedy and how writing teams get screwed.
Also this week: Tess Gerritsen gives up, but that’s not the end of you-stole-my-idea lawsuits.
The 200-episode USB drives are in the store, but for how long? If you want one, don’t wait. (Note: In the podcast, I misspoke: the discount code give you 10% off, not 20%. You’ll save $2, which is about what shipping costs in the U.S.)
- Scriptnotes 200 Episode USB drives are available now!
- Tess Gerritsen on why she is giving up the Gravity lawsuit
- Alec Berg on Wikipedia, IMDb and Twitter
- The Harvard Lampoon, and on Wikipedia
- Jeff Schaffer and David Mandel on Wikipedia
- Silicon Valley on HBO.com and Wikipedia
- Christopher Evan Welch
- Crenshaw/LAX Tunnel Boring Machine
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Rex Parker Does The NY Times Crossword Puzzle
- Check out Featured Fridays on Weekend Read
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
UPDATE 7-9-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.