Craig and John discuss finding your way back to your story — and your enthusiasm — when writing your second draft. Craig has tips and suggestions. John has sympathy and war stories.
This week, we also discuss ageism and authenticity in Hollywood, the Mr. Holmes lawsuit, and unsung screenwriter heroes.
The 200th episode will be streaming live on the internet! Follow us on Twitter to get details about when we’ll be recording, and where to find us.
- Follow @johnaugust and @clmazin for details on the 200th episode live stream
- Deadline on the Mr. Holmes lawsuit, and the filing itself
- How Hollywood Taught Rebel Wilson To Lie About Her Age
- Scriptnotes, 182: The One with Rebel Wilson and Dan Savage
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Was Told She Was ‘Too Old’ to Play 55-Year Old’s Lover
- Riley Weston on Wikipedia and Entertainment Weekly
- James Frey on Wikipedia
- Robert Mark Kamen on IMDb, and in Script Mag and Wine Searcher
- Oxenfree from Night School Studio
- Silicon Valley: Read every card on the Let Blaine Die SWOT board
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Travis Newton (send us yours!)
UPDATE 5-29-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.