Craig and John open the mailbag to answer questions on acronyms in dialogue, off-the-air specs and international WGA jurisdiction. Plus we look at the growing trend of non-disclosure agreements on studio projects, and whether the nature of film requires less complex characters.
The big news: we have new Scriptnotes t-shirts! They’re available only by pre-order, and only for a short time. Join us at the store as we talk through the three designs, ranging from the classic logo, to vintage Camp Scriptnotes to an all-new Three-Act Structure blueprint by listener Taino Soba. Orders must be in by THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th. (Link below)
- Scriptnotes shirts are available for pre-order in the John August Store
- Dewalt hex bit set and a magnetic bit extensions set
- This is the last week of the summer for Featured Fridays on Weekend Read
- Scriptnotes, 130: Period space
- South Park popularity is soaring in Taiwan from The Baltimore Sun
- Non-disclosure agreements on Wikipedia
- Screenwriting.io on handling numbers in dialogue
- Screenwriting.io on spec scripts
- Scriptnotes, 11: How movie money works
- Dead Synchronicity
- Mr. Robot on USA
- Outro by Duncan Pflaster (send us yours!)
UPDATE 9-3-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.