In their first-ever live streaming episode, John and Craig open the mailbag to answer a bunch of listener questions.
- What research should a writer do before soliciting an agent or manager?
- What should a writer be willing to give up in order to make her first sale?
- Does a Mormon writer face special challenges in drink-and-drugging Hollywood?
- Why doesn’t Highland exist on Android?
- What determines “Story by” credit on a feature?
- How did we like DungeonWorld? (John asked this question.)
All this, plus the Fermi Paradox in this episode of Scriptnotes.
- Scriptnotes, 76, with Three Pages by James Topham
- Scriptnotes, 115: Back to Austin with Rian Johnson and Kelly Marcel
- David Lynch on the iPhone
- Björk, Human Behavior
- Dungeon World
- Scriptnotes, 142: The Angeles Crest Fiasco
- Action Jackson trailer
- David Kwong at TED2014: Two nerdy obsessions meet — and it’s magic
- The Fermi paradox on Wikipedia, Wait But Why and Praxtime
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on chimps, humans and aliens
- John is hiring a new UI designer
- Our USB drives now have the first 150 episodes
- Archives are also available on scriptnotes.net
- This episode was broadcast live on Mixlr
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Jeff Harms (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 7-18-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.