As promised, John and Craig answer a bunch of listener questions on everything except screenwriting, on topics ranging from sex to science to sushi.
- How can the universe be infinite, but expanding?
- What’s it like being bald?
- Do spouses need to have common interests?
- Can someone become a morning person?
- And what’s the secret to a close, comfortable shave?
We start with two things in the news: an update on the Zach Braff Kickstarter situation, and the attempt to unionize the writers of E!’s Fashion Police.
- The Writers Guild Foundation presents The Screenwriter’s Craft: Finding Your Voice featuring Scriptnotes Live
- Zach Braff’s response to The Hollywood Reporter’s article on his film’s gap financer
- The Hollywood Reporter on E!’s Fashion Police writers strike
- Highland v 1.0.2 brings shift + return caps, lyrics and various minor bug fixes
- Try Cignot.com for all your eCig needs
- Thumbs up for UC Verde Buffalo Grass
- Kevo is on its way
- The Nest Thermostat is fantastic
- For LA pizza, check out Pizzeria Mozza, Joe’s Pizza in Santa Monica or the pizza kiosk at The Americana
- And for LA sushi, we like Nobu and Matsuhisa, Sugarfish and the former Nozawa, Sasabune and Chef Niki Nakayama’s n/naka
- If you’re in Chicago (or Washington D.C.), try Protein Bar
- Craig still loves his Tesla and John still loves his Leaf
- Alternate with water when you’re drinking
- OUTRO: George Michael’s Father Figure covered by Cantaloop
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 5-24-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.