This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig discuss when to stop rewriting a project and accept that it’s just not going to become a movie. Then we go bigger to look at when to give up on the dream of being a screenwriter — which starts with a hard look at why people seek out the career in the first place.
Also in this episode, we talk reviews and the virtues of not reading them, plus a look at Zach Braff’s Kickstarter situation.
- Zach Braff’s Wish I Was Here on Kickstarter
- ValleyWag’s Braff-Kickstarter vitriol
- Braff on why Kickstarter is right for this project, and Psychology Today on why independent filmmakers should celebrate his presence
- Scriptnotes 49: Losing sleep over critics
- Scriptnotes 77: We’d Like to Make an Offer, in which Craig discusses Identity Thief reviews
- Done Deal Pro users try to calculate the odds of “making it”
- Stag’s Leap by Sharon Olds on Amazon
- ITER: The way to new energy
- OUTRO: Last Day of Our Acquaintance cover by AAAdriennne
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 5-5-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.