This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig welcomes Leigh Whannell, writer of the Saw and Insidious franchises, to discuss low-budget filmmaking, sequels on sequels, the horror landscape and his new movie, Upgrade.
We also answer listener questions about sharing an agent with your writing partner and the ethics of hiring someone to punch up your own script.
- Thanks for joining us, Leigh Whannell!
- Leigh wrote Saw, Insidious, and, most recently, Upgrade, (here’s the fairly violent trailer).
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- Matthew Lillard’s company, Beadle & Grimm’s Pandemonium Warehouse, is releasing a luxury Dungeons and Dragons campaign called Platinum Edition Dungeons & Dragons: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, which is available to pre-order.
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- Leigh Whannell on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 6-20-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.