This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig take a look at the self-imposed rules behind the Road Runner cartoons, and how limiting one’s choices is different than following dogma.
Then it’s time for three new entrants in the Three Page Challenge, each presenting a range of issues to discuss.
Also this week, the dismal diversity numbers that don’t need exaggerative charts and how even produced screenwriters often live with precarious finances.
- Chuck Jones’ Rules for Writing Road Runner Cartoons
- 2015 WGAw TV Staffing Diversity Report
- Scriptnotes, 141: Uncomfortable Ambiguity, or Nobody Wants Me at their Orgy
- From Hollywood To Homeless, Todd Farmer tells his story
- Submit your Three Pages here
- Three Pages by Mark Denton
- Three Pages by K.C. Scott
- Three Pages by Chris French
- Vox’s video on Why Kevin Spacey’s accent in House of Cards sounds off
- Enigma Variations contest
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
UPDATE 3-13-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.