This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
What are the odds that fivethirtyeight.com’s statistical analysis of screenplays will make Craig angry? Always bet on umbrage. Fortunately, he just finished a script, so we talk about that, and John’s new gig writing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (which was the project he described phone-pitching the past few episodes).
Then we talk about what makes for the perfect studio executive. It’s a series we plan to continue, looking at the prototypical awesome person in various categories.
Our December 11th live show is likely to sell out, so don’t delay getting your ticket. And Thursday at noon is the last chance to get a Writer Emergency Pack. Links to both below.
- Get your tickets now for the Scriptnotes Holiday Show
- The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak
- Writer Emergency Pack is on Kickstarter until Thursday
- How Data Can Help You Write A Better Screenplay by Walt Hickey
- Heritage turkeys on Wikipedia, and the Heritage Turkey Foundation
- Transparent on Amazon Prime
- Get premium Scriptnotes access at scriptnotes.net and hear our 1,000th subscriber special
- Outro submitted by Scriptnotes listener RJ Sampson (send us yours!)
UPDATE 11-25-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.