This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig and John discuss the big Veronica Mars/Kickstarter news in one of the more contentious podcasts to date. If you like umbrage, this is the show for you.
Next up, Highland has finally shipped. The plaintext screenplay editor (and PDF melter) raises questions about the assumption of security-through-laboriousness and the monoculture around Final Draft.
Finally, we discuss three of the points in Emma Coats’s Pixar Story Rules that are easy to forget but too important to ignore.
- Untitled Screenplays and Unfinished Scripts are similar but different
- Use the code “SCRIPT” to unlock discounted seats for the first four Big Fish performances, and let us know you’re coming!
- One of John’s many doppelgängers as Hebrew National’s Uncle Sam
- The Atlantic on Uncle Sam’s “older, classier sister” Columbia
- The Veronica Mars Movie Project on Kickstarter
- James Poneywisic of Time on Veronica Mars
- The Hollywood Reporter‘s coverage, including a quote from writer/producer John Rogers
- Luke Pebler’s guest post on Suzanne Scott’s blog
- Highland, the plaintext screenplay editor for Mac, half-off through March 31st at the Mac App Store
- Emma Coats’s 22 story rules on The Pixar Touch
- StageWrite for iPad at the Mac App Store
- Give a loan and change a life with Kiva
- Direct your umbrage here instead of Twitter
- OUTRO: Kickstart My Heart acoustic cover by whipsy
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 3-24-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.