This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig leads the discussion on how to survive a notes meeting. As screenwriters, our instinct is to defend, deny and debate — but these are almost always the wrong choice. By reframing the discussion about the movie rather than the script, you can often end up at a better place.
From there, John opens the listener mailbag so we can answer questions about cheating scene description and romantic obsession. Plus we talk about Slugline, Highland, Final Draft and the plethora of screenwriting apps available to screenwriters today.
- Fade In
- Final Draft
- Screenwriting.io on page numbering and other basic formatting
- Tweet your clams to @johnaugust and @clmazin with #CutItOut
- Scriptnotes, episode 52 featuring Go Into The Story’s list of dialogue clams
- Rentrack and BroadwayWorld
- The Boys in the Band on Amazon
- Internet K-Hole (Warning: NSFW!)
- Sleep No More NYC
- Slacker Radio
- How to submit your question
- OUTRO: Obsession cover by TERMINATRYX
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 4-28-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.