This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
With last week’s news that home video stopped its free-fall and actually grew a little bit in 2012, John and Craig discuss whether studios might ease off on one-step deals and other development austerity measures.
But while one bloodbath has been averted, this week’s batch of Three Page Challenges is particularly gruesome — but also pretty good.
Craig is too stubborn to admit that John’s workflow for generating both starred and clean PDFs is vastly smarter and better, but since John writes these episode blurbs, he gets the last word. Victory!
John also has a shocking announcement that changes everything: He’s become a single-spacer.
All this plus Craig’s encomium to his new car in this week’s Scriptnotes.
SPECIAL NOTE: We’d love to know a bit more about you, so if you could please answer a few questions at johnaugust.com/survey, we’d be super-grateful.
- Digital Entertainment Group’s Year-End 2012 Home Entertainment Report
- Frankenweenie four-disc set on Amazon
- LA Times on Wal-Mart’s disc-to-digital service
- Three pages by Al Ibrahim
- Three pages by Keith Groff & Jonathan White
- Three pages by Nick Keetch
- Three pages by P.K. Lassiter
- Tesla Model S
- The WolframAlpha Blog on what Craig can do with that hour John saved him
- The Scriptnotes Survey: A minute of your day. A lifetime of good karma.
- OUTRO: Electric Car by They Might Be Giants on iTunes
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 1-18-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.