John and Craig consider the choices writers and characters make based on fear, flattery, or FOMO. They offer guidance on how to make authentic choices and discern between want vs. being wanted.
We also look at reshoots, both what they mean for production and the final story. We tackle listener questions on agents attending meetings, bad outlines, and unsupportive partners.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss how to discuss movies at a party.
- A Good Life is Painful by Sean Illing
- The Sweet Spot by Paul Bloom
- Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free chocolate cake) by Chelsea Winter
- Baba is You
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Owen Danoff (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 1-31-22 The transcript for this episode can be found here.