John and Craig look at midpoints, the murky middle of the movie, and why writers shouldn’t overthink them.
We follow up on script formatting, firing your reps, screenplay “rules,” and how Sisyphus can achieve happiness. We answer listener questions on omitted scenes and imaginative children.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John and Craig debate the ethics and issues surrounding NFTs.
- Bo Yeon Kim’s Tweet on Bong Joon-Ho’s MOTHER Script
- Script University’s 20 Common Sense Script Rules, in No Particular Order
- Read Aloud Software Suggestions Table Read, ZoomText, JAWS, VoiceDream
- DnD for kids Level 1 Geek and Being a Dungeon Master for Kids
- Flee animated film
- Wikipedia Timeline Game
- Papers, please by Lucas Pope
- NFT Articles Why it’s too early to get excited about Web3 by Tim O’Reilly, My First Impressions of Web3 on the Moxie Marlinspike Blog, Blockchain-based systems are not what they say they are by Molly White
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by William Phillipson (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-1-22 You can find the transcript for this episode here.