John invites Anna Jane Joyner and Quinn Emmett from Good Energy Stories to discuss climate change on screen. Climate change affects every creature on our planet, so why don’t we see it more on television? They discuss opportunities for writers to inspire change and raise awareness to capture the environmental concerns of our time.
We follow up on disability representation in Hollywood with the release of the Cost of Accommodations report from the Inevitable Foundation.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we talk about asking people for money, whether it’s to finance a movie or launch a campaign to save the planet.
- Stanislav Petrov, The Man Who Saved the World Documentary
- Download The Cost of Accommodations Report from the Inevitable Foundation and read more on The Hollywood Reporter
- Good Energy Stories Playbook
- David Robert Ted Talk on Climate Change
- Years of Living Dangerously Clip with Anna and her Dad
- Subscribe to Important, Not Important
- Dana Fox on Twitter and checkout The Lost City Movie
- Russian Doll Season 2
- Redactle Game
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Anna Jane Joyner on Twitter
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Jade Carda (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.