John and Craig discuss the confusing phenomenon of post-scriptum depression. They explain why even a good experience can feel like loss and offer tips for how to move on.
We also cover the difficulty of balancing timelines in parallel storylines. Follow up this week includes a fuller explanation of the Monty Hall and a passionate defense of short films.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss our favorite party game: Codenames.
- WGA Animation Pledge
- Scriptnotes Seasons 9 & 10, subscribe for all episodes and premium perks here
- Download Highland 2 for free if you’re a university student!
- Article Option Services The Optionist and Story Scout
- Check out the Interesting Newsletter on Shorts
- John’s short film God
- WGA Offers Trans Health Coverage
- The Rehearsal Nathan Fielder’s new show on HBO Max
- Kevin Wald’s Con Cryptics write in to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can figure it out!
- Codenames Game, Codenames with Pictures, and more in the Codenames Universe!
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Adam Pineless (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-23-22 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.