John and Craig consider a new master class in screenwriting taught by Aaron Sorkin, and a very old Greek word (anagnorisis) championed by Aristotle. Both are useful!
Then it’s a look at what we mean by “originality,” including a very useful litmus test provided by Lindsay Doran.
Reminder that the 250-epsiode Scriptnotes USB drives are now available. Find the link below.
- Scriptnotes, 255: New and Old Hollywood, with guest Billy Ray
- ‘Hatton Garden Job’ Beats Other Pics About Famed UK Heist To Production on Deadline, and our discussion in episode 234
- Our bonus episode with Simon Kinberg
- Scriptnotes, 235: The one with Jason Bateman and the Game of Thrones guys
- 250-episode Scriptnotes USB drives are now available for purchase from the John August Store
- The Verge on Aaron Sorkin’s screenwriting MasterClass
- Our bonus episode featuring Aaron Sorkin
- Anagnorisis, and how to pronounce it
- John Oliver on Brexit, before the vote
- Steve Yedlin On Color Science
- Codenames on Board Game Geek, and A Fake Artist Goes to New York
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 7-1-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.