John and Craig talk about writer deals of various types, including a deep dive into new data published by the WGA on feature writer pay.
We also follow up on female redemption arcs and John shares his theory with Craig on how Disney will make its next trillion dollars.
Finally in our bonus segment for premium members, we wade into the discourse on writers tweeting about writing, and whether it’s okay to judge a line of dialogue.
- WGA Writer’s Deal Hub and Screen Guide
- Tony on Twitter’s Question about Overall Deals
- WandaVision Thread on Twitter and meme
- NFTS Are Transforming the Digital Art World
- It’s a Sin on HBO Max
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Monica Storms (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-12-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.