Craig and John take a break from writing scripts to talk about how screenwriters should read scripts. Paper or iPad? Single or double-sided? And how do you keep track of your notes for future conversations?
Then it’s a session of roleplaying and maximum umbrage as we look at the logic and fallacies behind one-step deals for screenwriters.
Cleansing our palette, we look at Skyfall. Spoilers, folks. Spoilers!
Craig closes the podcast with a remembrance of his friend, screenwriter Don Rhymer, who died last week after a long and wittily-observed battle with cancer.
- Fade In screenwriting software
- Fountain, a plain text markup language for screenwriting
- Brett Terpstra’s Systematic podcast, Episode 20 with David Wain
- adult swim’s Childrens Hospital
- FDX Reader for iOS
- Final Draft Reader for iOS
- GoodReader for iOS
- PDF Expert for iOS
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator on Wikipedia
- The Myers & Briggs Foundation’s page on where to take the MBTI
- The WGA Showrunner Training Program
- LA Times on Don Rhymer’s passing
- Don’s cancer blog, Let’s Radiate Don
- Todd Downing’s breakdown of the Skyfall theme song
- INTRO: Strawberry Shortcake Intro (Italian)
- OUTRO: For Your Eyes Only/Skyfall, arranged and performed by John August
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 12-7-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.