John and Craig brainstorm How Would This Be A Movie, looking at articles featuring kangaroo feuds in Australia, squatters in the Hamptons, and ghost historians in Palestine. Plus a romance between the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion.
We also cover the potential IATSE strike, Tudum Day, and managing money.
In our bonus segment for premium members, John and Megana defend sweater weather as Craig decries the commercialization of autumn and other things he blames on millennials.
- Happy Tudum Day!
- Watch John in Attack of the Hollywood Cliches
- Episode 513: Writing for Stars with Kelly Marcel
- IATSE Calls Strike Authorization Vote, as AMPTP Balks at Latest Contract Offer
- Knives Outback: A man is presumed murdered. In this town of 12, everyone is a possible suspect. by Mitch Moxley
- I was a Hamptons Squatter: How I Lived in Luxury for Free
- Jerusalem supernatural: Meet the Palestinian Man Hunting Ghouls, Ghosts and Jinn by Layla Azmi Goushey
- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night by Ana Lily Amirpour
- Under the Shadow by Babak Anvari
- The Tin Man and the Lion by Brian Ferrari
- Liz Alper Twitter Thread on First Paychecks
- Tears in Rain: Do Androids Stream Electric Sleep? by Damon Krukowski
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Share your parasocial dads with a Scriptnotes Subscription Gift or treat yourself to a premium membership!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Eric Pearson (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 10-10-21 The transcript for this episode can be found here.