Editor and critic Julia Turner puts John and Craig in the hot seat to review the past ten years of Scriptnotes. They cover the original mission, behind scenes fights, notable guests, and their biggest regrets.
We also predict what we think the next ten years will bring and share a Scriptnotes love story.
In our bonus segment for premium members, Julia has John and Craig play “How Would This Be A Movie?” with the past decade of Scriptnotes. From casting to romance and rivalry, they outline the Scriptnotes Cinematic Universe.
Special thanks to Julia Turner for hosting! Listen to her every week on Slate’s Culture Gabfest.
- Julia Turner on the LA Times and Slate Culture Gabfest
- The Matrix Trailer
- Scriptnotes, Episode 411: Setting it Up with Katie Silberman
- Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe
- The Academy Museum Hawk Deborah Vankin for the LA Times
- Lego Typewriter, check out John’s finished project!
- Ketchup Doritos
- Check out the Scriptnotes Index for our first 500 episodes
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Julia Turner on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 9-21-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.