John and Craig talk about readers — both the friends you’d ask to look at your draft and the folks who professionally analyze scripts. They cover unions, state laws, and why companies should value good coverage.
We also follow up on how to credit improv in scripts, share #PayUpHollywood feedback, and explain if/come deals.
Stay tuned for our bonus segment, when John and Craig discuss their personal and general thoughts on baldness.
- Craig to write ‘The Last of Us’ series
- Learn more on taking generals in Scriptnotes, Ep 439
- Assistants, past or present, please write into firstname.lastname@example.org with tips employers should consider and advice for assistants starting out!
- John’s coverage for Natural Born Killers and Sex in the Nineties
- How Story Analysts from Hollywood’s Golden Age Helped Build Movies, and a Lasting Labor Movement by Holly Sklar
- AB 5 in LA Times
- From listener, Anna Marie Cruz, Ten Things Secret Hitler Taught Me About Being A Liberal
- Veritas by Glitch Games
- Sign up for Scriptnotes Premium here.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Jim Bond and James Llonch (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 3-18-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.