John and Craig welcome back Rachel Bloom (co-creator and star of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) to talk about songwriting–both the creative process and the business of writing songs for film and television.
We also discuss a new report about sexual harassment in Hollywood and ageism in the industry.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members, John and Rachel talk about revivals.
- The Hollywood Commission
- Anita Hill’s Commission Launching Industry-Wide Platform to Report Sexual Harassment in Hollywood
- WGA West Career Longevity Committee Demands “Inclusion And Equity” For Older Writers
- List of Academy Award for Best Director winners by age
- Ages of Top Grossing Screenwriters and Directors
- Boys in the Band on Netflix
- Follow comedian Demi Adejuyigbe on Twitter
- Let Go or Be Dragged
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Rachel Bloom on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Rachel Bloom and Jack Dolgen (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.